Special Kid's Day Programs We Want To Hear From You!
Special Kid's Day, Inc. Fund Raising Brat Fry's - Download the Flyer
Download the Rough Count
Shirt Order Form!
The purpose of this gathering is to provide an educational/social experience where these special needs students can practice and refine their skills while expanding their social network. With this we also wish to say THANK YOU to all teachers and staff members who work so hard to help others accomplish so much.
Participating School Districts
The following counties have schools participating in the Special Kid's Day program:
- Eau Claire
- Taylor County
- Eau Claire
- Elk Mound
- Lake Holcombe
- New Auburn
- Chippewa Falls
- Eau Claire
- Provide a fun educational / social experience
- Say thank you to Special Needs teachers
The purpose of this gathering is to provide an educational/social experience where these students can practice and refine their skills while expanding their social network. With this we also wish to say THANK YOU to all teachers and staff members who work so hard to help others accomplish so much.
Tax Exempt Status
Special Kid's Day, Inc. is organized exclusively for charitable and educational purposes. One area we are involved with is to assist in the goals and direction of the Special Kid's Day project.
To help us achieve this purpose, the Corporation was chartered by the State of Wisconsin as a non-profit organization. The I.R.S. has granted us Tax exempt status and The State of Wisconsin Department of Regulation and Licensing has designated us as a Charitable Organization.
Rock and Roll to Go Boom Box, Cabin Ridge Rides, Limo Rides, Clowns, Dance Contest, Fishing Rod Casting, and more...
Lake Wissota State Park River View Shelter and Outdoor Classroom Area
Hamburgers/Cheeseburgers, Hot Dogs, Special Kid's Day Style Brats
Baked Beans, Chips, Fresh Fruit, German Potato Salad, Ice Cream, Pasta Salad, Relish Tray, Roasted Corn Pop
Milk, Bottled Water, Coffee
PLEASE NOTE: special foods for some students will be provided by teachers and aides.
10:00 AM to 2:30 PM. Depending on your schools dismissal time, some classes may only stay until 1:00 PM to 1:30/2:00 PM.
Meet at the Northern Wisconsin State Fair Grounds off Highway 124 across from the YMCA and next to Parkview Elementary on Edwards Avenue in Chippewa Falls, Wisconsin.
The bus company will have directions.
Music games, and food will follow. Wagon rides may also be available.
If you have any questions or concerns please feel free to contact us at:
Phone: (715) 861-5542
In case of rain: teachers and principals will be notified by 7:30 AM if back up plans are in effect.
- Arrange for transportation of the students to and from the park area. Time should be allowed to return students to school in time for the bus ride home
- Ensure appropriate attire is worn by all participants
- Ensure students with special food needs bring their own food
- Provide a list of the number, shirt sizes, and names of all participants from your school (please break down into student, teacher, etc.)
Please come to have FUN!
This gathering is open to:
Special education students that are Cognitively Delayed and Disabled & Handicapped (CD & D&H Students) who do not have a rigorous set class schedule:
- elementary special education classes
- middle school special education classes
- high school special education classes
It is also open to:
- Teachers, teacher aides, volunteers, and foster grandparents
- Principals and departmental heads of the above mentioned classes
- Graduates of Special Education since 1999
- Retired school staff involved in Special Education since 1999
Special Kid's Day Memorial Gifts/Donations
Memorial Gifts specifically designated for this program are welcome. As a way to say "Thank You", individuals making Special Kid's Day Memorial Gifts will have their name listed on our Web site under Special Kid's Day Memorial Gifts, unless you choose to remain anonymous.
Individuals who have made a gift include:
- Brenda, Alyssa, and Emily Flaten in memory of Bill Flaten
Special Kid's Day Shirts and Shirt Donations
If you would like to order extra shirts for this year's Special Kid's Day Program, please click the link below:
Any person, group, club or organization is welcome to make a donation or apply to become a sponsor of Special Kid's Day and/or a supporter of Special Kid's Day, Inc.